In episode eight of Podcaster Stories, I sit down with Zach Moreno and Rockwell Felder of remote recording platform SquadCast, and the Between 2 Mics podcast.
After looking to use a remote recording solution for their internal team meetings, both Zach and Rock were disillusioned at what was on the market. They knew audio and reliability could be better, and so SquadCast was born.
They believed remote recording should – and, more importantly, could – be just as good as offline audio recording. We sit down to discuss the evolution of SquadCast, and how the podcaster experience is at the forefront of everything they do.
Topics up for discussion this week include:
- How limitations of other remote platforms led to the creation of SquadCast
- Why SquadCast is built from the podcaster’s viewpoint
- How Zach and Rock’s day jobs led them to how they approached SquadCast
- Why audio quality equal to offline recording was a core goal
- How SquadCast’s progressive upload technology differentiates them from others
- How SquadCast solved the problem of audio drift in remote recordings
- Why the SquadCast team refuse to settle for the status quo
- How the users of SquadCast have driven the direction of the platform
- How they’re trying to help educate remote podcasters through their Remote Podcast Stats Report and State of Remote Podcasting webinar
- Why data shows the use of headphones should be mandatory for all podcasters
- How their well-known Board members and advisors became involved
- How the reciprocity of the podcast community drives Zach and Rock
- Why analytics is the next big challenge to bust in podcasting
- Why new podcasters shouldn’t get bogged down by the technical side of things
- Why tools should concentrate on solving existing problems, not ones that haven’t been found yet
- Why you shouldn’t be discouraged early in your podcasting journey
- What Zach and Rock appreciate about each other
Settle back for an open and interesting chat about remote recording, and why settling for the status quo will only hold the podcasting industry back.
Connect with SquadCast:
Contact me: email@example.com
- Rode Podmic
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
- TRITON AUDIO Fethead In-Line Microphone Preamp
- Denon DJ HP-1100 Over Ear Headphones
- RockJam MS050 Adjustable Mic Suspension Boom
- Dragonpad Pop Filter