In episode 11 of Podcaster Stories, I sit down with Lefteris Statharas of the Lefteris Asks Science podcast.
Driven by both his passion for science, and his professional work as a mechanical engineer, Lefteris started his podcast as a way to bring scientists together to demystify their professions, and show how fun science can be.
With a natural curiosity and an easy-going manner, Lefteris has a simple goal – to see what drives people with passion, and to get more people interested in, and passionate about, science.
Topics up for discussion this week include:
- how the idea for the podcast came about after a chat with a peer
- which type of science drives his curiosity
- the episodes that have stood out
- why there seems to be such an anti-science stance in some countries, with the US probably being the worst culprit, as evidenced by Covid-19
- how social media has enabled more interest in science
- the cultural and scientific differences between Greece, where Lefteris originates from, and Singapore, where he currently lives and works
- who his all time hero is, and why
Settle back for an engaging conversation around science, the rabbit holes of Reddit and the internet, and more.
Connect with Lefteris:
Contact me: email@example.com
- Samson Q2U Mic
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen Audio Interface
- TRITON AUDIO Fethead In-Line Microphone Preamp
- Denon DJ HP-1100 Over Ear Headphones
- RockJam MS050 Adjustable Mic Suspension Boom
- Dragonpad Pop Filter