In episode 10 of Podcaster Stories, I sit down with Dr. Alice Kerby of the Beyond the Pink Cloud podcast.
After suffering from severe stress while going through her doctorate, Dr. Alice fell into a downward spiral of alcohol abuse. This continued until she realized her problem, and she has been sober for three years since.
It’s this experience that led Dr. Alice to starting the Beyond the Pink Cloud podcast, where she talks to people that have overcome their own battles with substance abuse, as well as inspired others by living their best lives.
Topics up for discussion this week include:
- how the podcast grew from her own recovery from alcohol abuse
- how the Covid-19 pandemic is leading to higher stress and addiction temptation
- how we’re adding to our stress levels while working from home
- how the show’s direction has evolved from recovery-focused to multiple fields of expertise across various topics
- why she’s inspired by people living their dreams
- some of the hurdles that are hard to overcome when dealing with abuse
- how the drinking culture of different countries affects addiction levels
- the fear of sharing her story in the first few episodes
- how she became a semi-professional fire dancer
Settle back for an open and honest discussion about addiction, recovery, and what that means to the people afflicted, and those surrounding them.
Connect with Dr. Alice:
Contact me: email@example.com
- Rode Podmic
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
- TRITON AUDIO Fethead In-Line Microphone Preamp
- Denon DJ HP-1100 Over Ear Headphones
- RockJam MS050 Adjustable Mic Suspension Boom
- Dragonpad Pop Filter