The phrase ?drinking from the Kool Aid? is a strange one. Originating from a cult mass suicide, it?s also used to describe belief in perspective. I still can?t decide whether I?m a fan of the term or not, but that?s neither here nor there.
Either way, if I was to drink from the Kool Aid and share with you, here are ten bottles of Kool Aid that would fill your creative juice needs anytime. I hope you enjoy.
- How to Choose the Right Blog Tool. Informative post from Arik Hanson about how to decide which blogging platform to use for your business needs, with reasons why each of the covered platforms might be better.
- The Mad Men Guide to Changing the World with Words. Okay, I’ll admit it – I still haven’t watched a single episode of Mad Men. But this post from Jon Morrow over at Copyblogger might change that – and it’s a damn fine post on the power of words.
- Unethical Social Media at Its Worst. Uber-smart PR guy Dave Fleet shares a sordid tale of politics, social media and the recent Toronto mayoral elections. Interesting views in the comments as well.
- Lessons Learned at a Parking Garage. Not as naughty as it sounds, this is a great post from Frank Dickinson on why businesses should think smarter, or end up with BMW customers (you’ll have to read the post for the acronym!).
- Over 140 Marketing and Business Development Ideas for You. One of my favourite marketing bloggers is Jim Connolly. This post, and the resources in it, shows why. Read, bookmark, use.
- Blogging Through Storytelling. We all know the power of a good story – but are you using that power in your blogging? Andrew Rondeau shares his storytelling advice over at Kikolani.
- Will It Matter in One Year? Oftentimes, we let so many situations take control of us when we don’t need to. Andrew Weaver shows us how, in the long run, a lot really doesn’t matter after all.
- Moderating Blog Comments. Always guaranteed to be a hot topic, the question of whether blog comments should be moderated didn’t disappoint over at Spin Sucks. Read the post, then join the great debate inside the comments.
- 10 Smart, Thought-Provoking Comments from the Future Buzz Community. I’m a big believer in a blog only being as good as its community makes it. Adam Singer clearly agrees, as he highlights some of the best from his.
- The Boy with the Bread. Okay, I’m cheating a little here by sharing one of my own. But this might help you understand why size doesn’t always matter; it’s how you share bread that does.
Hopefully I?ve satiated your thirst with these drinks. But now I?m thirsty. So, what would you suggest I drink ? any recommendations?