You offer me hope.
You continue to amaze me (in the best way possible) with your ability to negate all the naysayers that doubt there’s still kindness in the human race.
You prove the positive nature of mankind is alive and well. And you do this on a daily basis. You are the heart of the future.
On Twitter last night, I mentioned that I wanted the community I share space with to write this blog post. I made a simple request: “In one line, how will YOU encourage greatness in 2009?” And you didn’t let me down – not by responding itself, but with the content of the responses.
These are the responses.
- @haverhill01835 – “Don’t just listen to people, hear what they say.”
- @3keyscoach – “Encouraging entrepreneurs to take their vision and put it into action on daily basis.”
- @cognac – “Goodness follows Greatness. Be good, do good in 2009.”
- @tmonhollon – “Help make work and writing fun through creativity and play.”
- @sbradley3 – “Good is the enemy of greatness. Never settle for good. Never be afraid to start over when a good idea is not enough.”
- @marinabroker – “I will always sell the best spot!”
- @juliebonnheath – “My motto for greatness is what my drama teacher taught: Professionalism is attention to detail.”
- @LaughingCrow – “I will spend more time with my children, help and inspire others, and spread ripples of compassion.”
- @isCool – “I will be the change I seek. No one else can be that change.”
- @russell_cook – “Greatness will be achieved when we give all we have to a purpose greater than ourselves.”
- @abarcelos – “Using our talents (we all have them) to influence and help others in positive ways personally & professionally.”
- @KatieKrafka – “I will encourage greatness by REPORTING greatness!”
- @ShayRockhold – “I will encourage greatness in others by being their constant cheerleader and (when applicable) coach.”
- @ScottHepburn – “Elevate your less ‘connected’ followers instead of fawning over A-listers… you’ll be amazed at what happens.”
- @greytblackdog – “Act on the inspiration that I find everyday. The results will show up everywhere in my life, including my writing.”
- @SternalPR – I will light a fire under people who lost a job and encourage them to find the entrepreneur spirit in a way that changes the world for the better.”
My own motto? Be interested in others. Genuinely interested. Encourage growth and assay fear. Be the rope for others to climb on.
I look forward to continuing to learn from you all in 2009 and thank you, and everyone I’ve connected with, for making this year the one where I really grew. If it’s true that we’re all in this together, I can’t think of any other people I’d rather be in it with.
Now it’s your turn – how will you encourage greatness in 2009? I’d love to hear your plans.