In what’s going to be a first for me, I’m going to be hosting a social media blog carnival here on Tuesday 13th January 2009. The carnival will be in association with my good friend Kilroy_60, who runs an excellent read at Fear and Loathing – The Gonzo Papers.
For anyone who either hasn’t heard of blog carnivals, or taken part in one before, they’re pretty straightforward. The host (me) takes readers on a journey throughout the blogosphere, linking to blogs on a specific topic submitted by the carnival participants (you).
This is where the Social Media Goes Gonzo blog carnival comes in.
Entries are being accepted now. To enter, email me with a Subject Line of Gonzo Carnival Entry.
Entries should include…
- Your name as you want it to appear in the post
- The name of your blog
- The blog URL
- The title of the post
- The post URL
Posts that qualify for entry include…
- Your perspective on or experience with social media including blogging
- Posts that deal with any social media site where you are or have been active
- How you use social media for business or pleasure
- Social media interactions you’ve had; the good, the bad and the ugly are acceptable
That should provide plenty of flexibility to select a post.
The rules for this carnival are…
- Entries accepted from blogs only.
- Only English language posts will be accepted.
- No more than one post per blog.
- No posts with titles that include profanity or pictures of a sexual nature.
We, of course, want the social media carnival to be sociable so we’ve tried to make it as easy as possible for you to play along.
To help make the social media blog carnival as big a success as possible, feel free to promote it by mentioning it yourself on your own blog – your participation in it, what it’s about, who can join in, discussing on Twitter, etc. Let me know if you do this by leaving a comment with a link to the post and I’ll make sure it’s highlighted.
If you have any questions about the carnival itself, just ask them in the comments section and I’ll answer them there, so that anyone can see if it answers a question they may have had.
Deadline for entries is 9 January at 11:59 pm. In addition to the social media carnival, the Gonzo Gratitude Carnival and the Gonzo Business Carnival are also on 13 January. Check them out and enter all three!
The Gonzo Blog Carnival Series is sponsored, as always, by For Your Success.
Look forward to seeing you here.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my RSS feed or via email to ensure you can enjoy the latest post(s).